Wadada Leo Smith - Tao-Njia mp3
Style: Contemporary Jazz
Date of release: 1996
Catalog number: TZ 7017
Size MP3: 1303 mb
Size FLAC: 2534 mb
Cello – Erika DukeClarinet, Bass Clarinet – Martin Walker Conductor – Stephen Lucky MoskoEnsemble – The California E.A.R. UnitFlute, Alto Flute, Piccolo Flute [Piccolo] – Dorothy StonePiano, Celesta – Vicki RayTimpani, Vibraphone, Bells [Tubular] – Mika NodaTrumpet [Solo], Performer [Pre-recorded Solo Mbira Music] – Wadada Leo SmithViolin – Robin Lorentz
|2||Six Whales, The Sea And A Big Sky Rainbow Sphinx|
Flugelhorn, Trumpet [Harmon Mute] – Wadada Leo Smith
|3||Another Wave More Waves|
Drums [Two Low], Frame Drum – David PhilipsonTrumpet, Flugelhorn – Wadada Leo SmithVibraphone, Bells [Tubular], Timpani – Mika Noda
|4||Sun Lion's Dance|
Trumpet – Wadada Leo Smith
|5||Symphony For Improvisers|
Bansuri, Rattle [Axatse] – David PhilipsonFlute [Nohkan], Rattle [Axatse] – Wadada Leo SmithVoice [Poetry] – Harumi Makino Smith
|6||Double Thunderbolt From Elephantasy To The Inergy Of Cherryco|
Bansuri – David PhilipsonFlute [Bamboo] – Wadada Leo Smith
|8||Symphony For Improvisers|
Performer [Monophony-bar], Bells [Indian Low Bell, Japanese High Bell] – Wadada Leo SmithTemple Bells [Tibetan] – David PhilipsonVoice [Poetry] – Harumi Makino Smith
|9||Double Thunderbolt: Memorial For Don Cherry||12:14|
|10||A Falcon Ascends In A Moonbow Lightbeam|
Trumpet [Straight Mute] – Wadada Leo Smith
- Executive-Producer – John Zorn
- Executive-Producer [Associate] – David Newgarden, Kazunori Sugiyama
- Mastered By – Allan Tucker
- Producer, Composed By – Wadada Leo Smith
- Recorded By – Leslie Ann Jones (tracks: 1, 8)
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Tom Erbe (tracks: 2 to 7)
Tracks 1,8 recorded on 17 November 1995 at Capital Recording Studio, Los Angeles, CA.
Tracks 2 to 7 recorded on 14 December 1995 at CalArts Studio, Valencia, CA.
Track 1 dedicated to Lucius G. Smith and Toru Takemitsu.
Track 8 dedicated to Harumi Makino Smith.
The musicians on track 8 are collectively known as the California E.A.R. Unit and Guests.
- Barcode (on obi): 7 02397-7017-2 9
- Matrix / Runout (mirrored): MASTERED BY NIMBUS TZ 7017
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 2406
- Other (on obi): TZADIK Q
- Recorded At – Capitol Studios
- Recorded At – California Institute Of The Arts
- Glass Mastered At – Nimbus