Robert Wyatt - Flotsam Jetsam mp3
Title: Flotsam Jetsam
Style: Prog Rock, Free Jazz, Avantgarde, Art Rock, Free Improvisation, Jazz-Rock
Category: Jazz / Rock
Date of release: 15 Aug 1994
Label: Rough Trade
Catalog number: R3112
Size MP3: 1768 mb
Size FLAC: 1794 mb
|1||–Robert Wyatt||God Song / Fol De Rol|
Synthesizer, Piano – Francis MonkmanVocals, Percussion [Percussions], Toy Piano, Written-By – Robert WyattWritten-By – Phil Miller, Richard Sinclair
Bass – Ray BabbingtonDrums – Robert WyattGuitar – Steve FlorenceTenor Saxophone [Tenor Sax], Flute, Written-By – Gary WindoTrombone – Nick EvansTrumpet [Pocket], Flute – Mongezi Feza
|3||–Robert Wyatt||Born Again Cretin|
Vocals, Keyboards, Piano, Percussion, Written-By – Robert Wyatt
|4||–Lol Coxhill||Soprano Derivativo / Apricot Jam|
Bass – Archie LeggettGuitar, Written-By – Kevin AyersSoprano Saxophone, Written-By – Lol CoxhillVocals, Percussion – Robert Wyatt
Drum Programming, Synth [Bass Synth] – Antoni BaltarPiano – Maria Jose PenaVocals, Backing Vocals, Cowbell [Cencerro Bell], Finger Snaps [Fingersnaps] – Robert WyattWritten-By, Vocals, Guitar [Guitars] – Pedro Burruezo
|6||–Gary Windo||Now Is The Time|
Backing Vocals – Terri QuayeBass – Bill MacCormick, Hugh HopperDrums – Nick MasonGuitar – Richard BruntonVocals – Robert WyattWritten-By, Piano, Backing Vocals – Pam WindoWritten-By, Tenor Saxophone [Tenor Sax] – Gary Windo
|7||–Robert Wyatt||The Wind Of Change|
Arranged By, Producer, Piano, Synth [Synths], Guitar – Jerry DammersCornet – Dick CuthellDouble Bass – Ernest Mogotsi MothleDrums – Roy DoddsGuitar – Ben MendelsohnPerformer – The Swapo SingersRhythm Guitar – Lynval GoldingSaxophone – Claire HurstSoprano Saxophone [Soprano Sax] – Mark LockheartTrombone – Annie WhiteheadVocals – Bience Gawanas, Clarina Simbwayi, Lohmeier Angula, Richard Muzira, Robert Wyatt, Theo Angula, Vaino ShivuteWritten-By – Jackson M. Kaujeua
Lyrics By – Pete Brown Music By – Thelonius Monk
|9||–Robert Wyatt||Moon In June (Excerpt)|
Vocals, Drums, Piano, Electric Piano, Organ, Percussion [Flexitones], Written-By – Robert Wyatt
|10||–Matching Mole||No 'Alf Measures|
Bass – Bill MacCormickDrums – Robert WyattGuitar – Phil MillerPiano, Electric Piano – Dave MacRaeWritten-By – Kevin Ayers
|11||–Robert Wyatt||War Without Blood|
Arranged By, Lyrics By, Vocals, Keyboards, Drums – Robert Wyatt
|12||–Robert Wyatt||Billie's Bounce|
Vocals, Drums – Robert WyattWritten-By – Charlie Parker
|13||–Robert Wyatt||Obert Tancat 2|
Written-By, Keyboards – Robert Wyatt
|14||–Unity/Hanwell Band & Robert Wyatt||Now't Doin|
Bass – Ray BabbingtonDrums – Tony HicksPiano – Dave MacRaeSynthesizer, Percussion, Written-By – Laurie Scott BakerVocals – Robert Wyatt
|15||–Slapp Happy And Various||A Little Something|
Acoustic Guitar, Vocals, Written-By – Peter BlegvadBassoon – Lindsay CooperDouble Bass – Jeff ClyneFlute – Geoff LeighGuitar – Fred FrithVocals – Dagmar KrauseVocals, Percussion – Robert Wyatt
|16||–Robert Wyatt||Obert Tancat 1|
Written-By, Keyboards – Robert Wyatt
|17||–The Happy End||Turn Things Upside Down|
Featuring, Flute – Sarah AllenFeaturing, Vocals – Robert WyattMusic By – Mat FoxPerformer [Performed By] – The Happy EndWritten-By – Jon Bruce Glasier
|18||–Robert Wyatt||Slow Walkin' Talk|
Bass – Jimi HendrixVocals, Piano, Organ, Drums – Robert WyattWritten-By – Brian Hopper
|TDCN-5122||Robert Wyatt||Flotsam Jetsam (CD, Comp)||Rough Trade||TDCN-5122||Japan||1994|
|8399142||Robert Wyatt||Flotsam Jetsam (CD, Comp)||Rough Trade||8399142||France||1994|
- Compiled By – Mike King
- Compiled By [With Help And Suggestions From] – Robert Wyatt
- Executive-Producer – Andy Childs
- Mastered By – Donal Wheelan, Simon "Wing Commander" Heyworth
- Painting [Cover Painting] – Alfreda Benge
- Sleeve Notes – Mike King
6-page rollfold Digipak with white tray.
A compilation of rare / unreleased archive/vault tracks involving Robert Wyatt:
1) Recorded in October 1968 at T.T.G. in Hollywood. This is a remake of Brian Hopper's 1965 composition for the Wilde Flowers, and was released on a Jimi Hendrix CD 'Calling Long Distance' in November 1992.
2) Recorded in October/November 1968 at T.T.G. Hollywood and/or The Record Plant, NYC.
3) Recorded in January 11th 1971 at the BBC's Maida Vale studios for 'Top Gear' and broadcast on January 30th.
4) Recorded on March 6th 1972 at Kensington House for the BBC's 'Sounds Of The 70's' and broadcast on March 24th.
5) Recorded on December 5th 1972 at the BBC's Langham 1 studio for 'Top Gear' and broadcast on December 19th.
6) 'Soprano Derivativo' was originally recorded for Lady June's 'Linguistic Leprosy' LP in the Autumn of 1973 at Kaleidophon Studios. She ended up giving it to Lol and the track was included on Lol's half of an album shared with pianist Stephen Miller (Lol Coxhill...'Oh Really?'/Stephen Miller 'The Story So Far') released in 1974 on Caroline Records.
7) Recorded on June 25th 1974 at the BBC's Langham 1 studio for 'Top Gear' and broadcast on July 16th.
8) Recorded in April 1976 at Brittania Row Studios for Gary Windo's unreleased 'Stream Radio Tapes' LP. Finally appeared on Windo's 'His Master's Bones' in 1996 on Cuneiform Records.
9) Recorded on May 2nd 1976, at Maximum Sound Studios (The Workhouse), Old Kent Road, London, for General Strike unreleased LP. Vocals recorded at Robert and Alfie's flat in Twickenham by Laurie Scott Baker on May 17th 1976.
10-11) Recorded in Rome between 16th and 21st February 1981 at the RAI Radiotelevisione Italiana Studios for Radiotre broadcast 'Un Certo Discorso'.
12) Recorded at home in the early 80's.
13) Recorded at Blackwing Studios in the spring of 1984 as part of the sessions for the 'Work In Progress' E.P., never released.
14, 16) Recorded at TV3 Studios, Barcelona, Spain for the Arsenal-Atlas documentary series.
15) Recorded on 19th February 1987 at Aprila Studios, Barcelona, Spain at sessions for the Claustrophobia album 'Repulsion'.
17) Recorded on December 12th 1989 at Axis Studios in Sheffield for The Happy End 'Turn Things Upside Down' LP released in April 1990 on Cooking Vinyl.
18) Recorded on August 30th 1985 at the Power Plant by Robert Wyatt with the Swapo Singers for the 'Wind Of Change' 12" released on Rough Trade.
Manufactured in the EC
Title of Track 6 is misprinted as 'Soprano Derivitavo / Apricot Jam' on release.
- Barcode: 5 022781 203116
- Matrix / Runout: MAYKING R3112
- Manufactured By – Mayking
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Rough Trade Records
- Copyright (c) – Rough Trade Records
- Recorded At – T.T.G. Studios
- Recorded At – Record Plant, N.Y.C.
- Recorded At – Maida Vale Studios
- Recorded At – Kensington House
- Recorded At – Langham Studio
- Recorded At – Kaleidophon Studios
- Recorded At – Britannia Row Studios
- Recorded At – Maximum Sound Studios
- Recorded At – RAI Radiotelevisione Italiana
- Recorded At – Blackwing Studios
- Recorded At – TV3 Studios, Barcelona
- Recorded At – Aprilia Studios
- Recorded At – Axis Studios, Sheffield
- Recorded At – Power Plant Studios
- Mastered At – Chop 'Em Out